Hey all! Okay I am super excited about the latest DIY! It is super easy and you are going to love the results! Here we go: a DIY travel floating glittering mug!
Who doesn’t need this in their life? We’ve all been there in the morning, late, rushing, no time to sip your favorite caffeinated beverage. So you have no choice but to take it along that drowsy commute. You reach for a disposable paper cup with just as much dullness as the sleepy zombie persona of those who are non-morning people.
Brighten up your morning (literally) with this DIY!
- Glitter of your choice
- Clear tacky glue
- Travel mug with a removable inner cup (not sure if there is an official name for these, but they are found at a local craft store such as Michael’s!)
Let’s get started.
- Remove cup inside.
- Fill base of cup with water about 3/4 of the way that will fit your cup, this will take some experimentation so I recommend filling the water without glitter or glue to make sure your happy with the measurement.
- Add a bunch of tacky glue! This will take up the rest of the 1/4 of space needed but don’t stress about exact measuring, it’s adjustable!
- Get Glittery! Add you favorite mixture of glitter into the cup and stir vigorously with the water and glue!
- Insert travel mug inner piece into cup of glitter mixture. **this WILL be messy, find a sink or outdoor setting!** You will loose some of your water mixture so there is room for the inner mug, but its totally alright! It gives the glitter just enough space to be able to float and dance around!
- Screw on the inside mug super tight!! You won’t be opening this again, unless you have a desire to change the inside mixture.
- Fill with your favorite morning beverage and get out there and sparkle!!
I am in love with my mug currently, and hope this DIY is helpful for you all! Let me know what you think!
Hey everyone!! Welcome back to Eat Your Glitter. Things have been insane lately, but I am gaining some more free time and will be on a more frequent update to the blog schedule soon! In the meantime, I NEED to share the latest DIY project!
So I found these old boys jeans hiding in the depths of what I call a closet, and I seized the opportunity for a crafty upgrade! Similar to how I DIY-ed my black skinnies (see post here about it!) I took the same method and hacked away at these til they came out JUST how a distressed boyfriend jean should!
They are durable for work, since I always am COVERED in acrylic paint, I don’t mind dirtying them up a bit, and they are the perfect weekend go-to casual look!
Let me know what you think!
Hey everyone! How have you all been lately? Busy? Same. I have recently picked up an internship helping out a local boutique with social media (www.albaboutique.com check them out, they have spme grate things to shop!) on top of my part-time job so I have been running around like crazyy day &night…literally.
With this kind of schedule I need types of clothing that are appropriate and stylish to wear to intern in the morning and then run immidiately like a mad woman to my job in the evening-night shift where I am positively going to get paint on some part of my body. What could possibly be easier to wear than a maxi dress? Almost nothing. This dress is from the brand O’Neill and a few seasons ago, so I don’t know if this exact style is still around anywhere. However, I love this brand and others similar to it for the summer. All the items are easy to wear and light weight for the heat. It doesn’t cling to the body as the summer humidity attempts to melt you away. It pairs perfect with flip flops or sandals and makes a great all day outfit to run around in,whatever you may have on your agenda!
Hope you all are staying cool and having fun out there!