Hey all! Okay I am super excited about the latest DIY! It is super easy and you are going to love the results! Here we go: a DIY travel floating glittering mug!
Who doesn’t need this in their life? We’ve all been there in the morning, late, rushing, no time to sip your favorite caffeinated beverage. So you have no choice but to take it along that drowsy commute. You reach for a disposable paper cup with just as much dullness as the sleepy zombie persona of those who are non-morning people.
Brighten up your morning (literally) with this DIY!
- Glitter of your choice
- Clear tacky glue
- Travel mug with a removable inner cup (not sure if there is an official name for these, but they are found at a local craft store such as Michael’s!)
Let’s get started.
- Remove cup inside.
- Fill base of cup with water about 3/4 of the way that will fit your cup, this will take some experimentation so I recommend filling the water without glitter or glue to make sure your happy with the measurement.
- Add a bunch of tacky glue! This will take up the rest of the 1/4 of space needed but don’t stress about exact measuring, it’s adjustable!
- Get Glittery! Add you favorite mixture of glitter into the cup and stir vigorously with the water and glue!
- Insert travel mug inner piece into cup of glitter mixture. **this WILL be messy, find a sink or outdoor setting!** You will loose some of your water mixture so there is room for the inner mug, but its totally alright! It gives the glitter just enough space to be able to float and dance around!
- Screw on the inside mug super tight!! You won’t be opening this again, unless you have a desire to change the inside mixture.
- Fill with your favorite morning beverage and get out there and sparkle!!
I am in love with my mug currently, and hope this DIY is helpful for you all! Let me know what you think!
Hey everyone!! I know things have been a little slow on the blog posts, but if you follow my Instagram I’ve been trying to keep it pretty up to date. I figure it’s about time for a brief round-up with 2016 now in full swing!
A few things that are exciting are cooking up in the Eat Your Glitter behind the scenes… for one, I have become an ambassador for Mirina Collections! This means good news for you all, because if you use my code ( amandaj ) on ntheir website you get 20% off the entire site as you shop away! You deserve to treat yo’ self. 😉
They have some amazing statement pieces which I am rocking in my NYE outfit! It was the perfect touch! Thye have a lot more to explore also, so go check them out and use my code!
Also, keep following my Instagram page for more updates on how I’ll be wearing my necklace, as well as my usual daily life, ootd’s and much much more!
This upcoming year I am really striving to push Eat Your Glitter to really grow and be able to reach out and share so much with you all so please keep checking up here and on the official site as well as instagram. I can’t wait to release more designs and items I have in mind!
I also am seeking to be available for freelance graphic design work, so if anyone is looking for a colorful, lively, sparkly and fun graphic designer shoot me an email!! I would love to collaborate, you don’t even need to use glitter.
Hope you had happy, safe holidays and have a happy new year ahead!!
Top: Free People Intimates / Necklace: Mirina Collections
Booties: Lucky Brand / Vest: Gypsy Warrior
AHHH I am cranking out these designs! I hope you all are enjoying these little designs I have created for sale via Print All Over Me. I would love to get some feedback from you all about these or anything else you might have in mind! These designs are available directly from the print all over me site, but you can also go over to the site Eat Your Glitter to see even MORE fun things to shop that are NOT included in the Print All Over Me store and are strictly created for the Eat Your Glitter site.
Enjoy these adorable clutches that are perfect for storing all kinds of fun tiny cute things in from make-up, wallets, hair accessories or just straight up loose glitter supplies (what…? Doesn’t everyone have that…?) Let me know what you guys think of them!!
Happy New Year to all!! Here is a recap of my New Years Eve night and what I decided to settle upon wearing. This evening was a whirlwind to figure out between outfits, where to celebrate and who to ring in the new year with! I finally settled on this sequin crop top (forever 21, although not shown on the website I’m sorry!!) and decided to pair it with a simple charcoal jegging and leather jacket for some edge. I also wanted to make this post fun and flashy…just how New Years Eve is! What better way to do so but to cover things with glitter?!?! I’m so thankful for 2014 and all the people who have been with me through the ups and downs (including my favorite guy featured here 😉 ) I hope you all had a fantastic year and I look forward to the future and sharing it with everyone!
I hope there was plenty of love, smiles and of course GLITTER in your new years parties and celebrations! Keep dreaming and striving for your goals this year in 2015!!