Hey all! Okay I am super excited about the latest DIY! It is super easy and you are going to love the results! Here we go: a DIY travel floating glittering mug!
Who doesn’t need this in their life? We’ve all been there in the morning, late, rushing, no time to sip your favorite caffeinated beverage. So you have no choice but to take it along that drowsy commute. You reach for a disposable paper cup with just as much dullness as the sleepy zombie persona of those who are non-morning people.
Brighten up your morning (literally) with this DIY!
- Glitter of your choice
- Clear tacky glue
- Travel mug with a removable inner cup (not sure if there is an official name for these, but they are found at a local craft store such as Michael’s!)
Let’s get started.
- Remove cup inside.
- Fill base of cup with water about 3/4 of the way that will fit your cup, this will take some experimentation so I recommend filling the water without glitter or glue to make sure your happy with the measurement.
- Add a bunch of tacky glue! This will take up the rest of the 1/4 of space needed but don’t stress about exact measuring, it’s adjustable!
- Get Glittery! Add you favorite mixture of glitter into the cup and stir vigorously with the water and glue!
- Insert travel mug inner piece into cup of glitter mixture. **this WILL be messy, find a sink or outdoor setting!** You will loose some of your water mixture so there is room for the inner mug, but its totally alright! It gives the glitter just enough space to be able to float and dance around!
- Screw on the inside mug super tight!! You won’t be opening this again, unless you have a desire to change the inside mixture.
- Fill with your favorite morning beverage and get out there and sparkle!!
I am in love with my mug currently, and hope this DIY is helpful for you all! Let me know what you think!